Elk Hunting Backpacks
What is the best elk hunting pack?
It is a question that serious elk hunters have debated for years, because the answer can have a significant impact on your hunt.
If it doesn’t fit right, or isn’t comfortable, or is too heavy, or fragile, or isn’t strong enough to pack out enough meat it can literally ruin your hunt.
And to make things harder, there are continually new packs coming on the market. That is why we took a look at the latest packs for you, to help you zero in on the best elk hunting pack for your needs.
After sorting through the various entries we narrowed our field down to the top 5 below. But for those of you in a hurry to find the best pack, our top choice is the Cabela’s Minimalist Frame Pack. The Cabela’s pack offers an amazing list of features at a really great price.
Best Elk Hunting Backpack
Cabela’s Minimalist Frame Pack
- Massive 58-liter capacity with ample pocket space for stowing gear
- Integrated meat tray and removable polyester game bag
- Padded, adjustable suspension system, sternum strap, lumbar pad and more
- Removable day pack with 3-D mesh back panel
- Two-liter Source reservoir included
But many of the other entries in our roundup of packs for elk hunters are definitely worthy of consideration.
- Giant trophy carry system with aluminum support shelf and four compression panels
- Detachable 2500 cubic inch roll-top pack can be re-attached to frame in trophy carry mode
- Stowable and versatile multi-weapon carry system easily transports your bow or rifle
- Heavy duty external frame carries up to 200 pounds
- PALS webbing provides multiple attachment points for accessories (Paddle holster compatible hip belt)
- With its body-following contours and a bottom-shelf design, the intex frame provides excellent comfort and stability. It's a perfect combination of lightweight comfort and bomber-toughness.
- Made to be quiet and comfortable for all day hunting and rugged (but still comfortable) for end of day game hauling
- The M5 has two optimal access points. With both front-loading and top-loading access your gear is always within reach.
- Dual full-depth spotting scope and hydration pockets run top-to-bottom on both sides of the pack.
- At 3,100 cubic inches (50 liters), the Team Elk pack hits the sweet spot in hunting pack size. Measures; 23L x 11W x 9.5D
- Sportsman's Outdoor Products
- Rifle/bow carrier
- All-day hunting comfort
- Part of the proceeds benefit RMEF
- Style: Daypack/Backpack
- Overall Dimensions: 23" (H) x 11"(W) x 9.
Elk Hunting Backpack Video
Here is a great video where an elk hunter shows what he puts in his backpack for a 7-day elk hunt: