Best Gun Safes
What Is a Gun Safe?
Are you looking for something to keep guns in your home without putting your children or your family at risk? The best thing to invest in would be a gun safe. A gun safe is a safe designed to contain your guns and keep your guns safe along with your ammunition for the guns. This is primarily used to prevent unauthorized access to your guns, for burglary protection, and to prevent damage in the event of a fire or flooding. Below, we will discuss some of the top things you might want to consider looking for when you are trying to purchase one.
How To Evaluate A Gun Safe
- Features – One of the main things that you are going to want to look for and consider when it comes time to purchase a gun safe would be the features that it comes with. You want to find a gun safe that has a lot of good features that you would consider using if you were to buy it. Along with this, you want to be sure that you are investing in a safe that has the features needed for your particular climate. For instance, if you are in a dry area that is prone to fires, you might want to be sure that you are investing in one that is fireproof. Whereas, if you are in an area that is prone to flooding, you will likely want to be purchasing one that has adequate water protection.
- Gun Specific Design – The main purpose of a gun safe is to secure your firearms and ammo. As such, you want to make sure the safe you choose is sized and padded properly to keep your guns protected. This differs from a general safe, which is setup to keep a variety of valuables secure, but not designed with guns in mind. (For a collection of general safes, check out this review of best home safes). A safe built for guns will be the right dimensions and constructed with the right materials to keep weapons safe.
- Pricing – Another important thing that you are going to need to look at when it comes to finding the best safe to invest in would be the pricing of the safe. You want to find a safe that is going to provide you with a good overall price point. That way, you will be able to purchase one that is under budget and one that you will be able to afford. Also, you want to get the best value for your money.
- Warranty – Another major thing that you are likely going to want to consider when buying a gun safe would be the warranty that the brand provides. Ideally, you want to purchase from a brand that is well respected in the marketplace and one that really supplies a good warranty for their products. By doing this, you are going to be able to find one that is going to provide you with long-term use.
- Size – Another major factor that has to be considered is the overall size of the safe that you are considering buying. Not only do you want to make sure that you are buying a safe that is large enough to fit all of your guns and ammunition, but you want to find one that is going to fit where you are intended on putting it within your home.
Overall, there is a lot to consider when you are in the process of buying a gun safe. If you are wondering what is a gun safe, it is primarily something to keep your guns safe. Be sure to consider everything mentioned above to find the right one.
Best Gun Safes For The Money
- SMALL HANDGUN SAFE. If you have young children who don't understand the potential danger of firearms, it's essential that you keep them safely stored. Placing them in this Pistol Lock Box is a responsible way to properly secure your small firearms at home or on the go.
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION. Expertly crafted using sturdy steel construction, the Adir travel gun safe will provide long-lasting strength and use for years to come. It also features a scratch-resistant, black finish for a durable, professional appearance, making it easy to incorporate into any interior space.
- SECURE LOCK BOX. Providing secure storage of passports, cash, cellphones, credit cards, watches, jewelry and small firearms, this lock box is available in your choice of a key or dial lock. Both include a coated steel anchor cable for added security when attached to an immovable object.
- FOAM INTERIOR. Measuring 9.4" D x 6.5" W x 2" H, the AdirOffice is furnished with a 4-layer foam lining to protect firearms and other other valuable contents. If needed, these pads can be removed for increased storage capacity.
- PORTABLE DESIGN. For added convenience, the safe is compact and lightweight for use whether you're home or on the go. Its small size makes it easy to conceal under car seats, in spare tire wells, between mattresses and other out-of-the-way locations.
- STRONG & SECURE: The fireproof safe box is made of reinforced solid steel wall construction. Dual security steel door locking bolts & a corrosion & stain-resistant powder coat finish keeps the drop box safe.
- EASY TO ACCESS: The fire safe document box gives you easy personal access to your valuables with the mechanical override function. The safe lock box includes two keys for manual access.
- EASY TO INSTALL: The home safe box has pre-drilled holes for wall or floor mounting. Includes mounting bolts, and four AA batteries to control the battery operated digital panel.
- FINGER SENSOR TECHNOLOGY: The combination safe box features a digital touch screen control pad for added security. Users must use their thumb finger & should make sure the finger they use is dry & scar free.
- PROTECT YOUR ASSETS: The fire safe box is perfect for protecting guns, documents, jewelry, etc. Great for home, office or business use.
- COMPACT DESIGN is portable for travel in your car, the office, or backpacks and luggage and can securely hold 1 handgun and extra magazines.
- Gun Accessory Supply
- Quick access Digital keypad
- Fast Activation drop down drawer, for quick access
- 18-Gauge steel construction, with protective foam-lined interior
- Multiple mounting options, hardware included. Backup override key included
- Exterior Product Dimensions HxWxD (inc. keypad and lock) : 6.5 x 3.5 x 13 inches, Interior Product Dimensions : 2.25 x 5.75 x 8.5 inches
- Protect firearms and other valuables against rust and corrosion by utilizing the SNAPSAFE canister dehumidifier
- The cap indicator turns pink when the canister needs recharging
- Simply heat in an oven to Recharge the unit
- Sturdy injection molded plastic rod with a VelcroTM head
- Fits barrels as small as .22 caliber
- Shelf liner - 100% Nylon Woven Loop Fabric - Industrial Grade
- Stores and organizes long guns in the upright position to create space for more guns
- ADVANCED BIOMETRICS – Smart biometric technology retains 120 fingerprints, secures firearms away from kids, and deters theft
- INSTANT HOME DEFENSE – For quick firearm access during emergencies, instantly unlock the safe with a reliable 2.5 sec biometric scan
- DOJ-APPROVED SECURITY – Built with solid steel, 3 steel deadbolts, and protective edges, this biometric device resists tampering and prying
- COMPACT & MOUNTABLE – The Biometric Fingerprint Safe fits practically anywhere for unrivaled convenience and stores handguns and up to 4 rifles
- BACKUP ACCESS – Unlock the safe with the included keys and hidden keyhole or plug in the emergency battery pack when battery runs low
Gun Safe Video
Here is a video discussing various Gun Safes: