The Top 11 Gun Safes Reviewed
Are you looking for something to keep guns in your home without putting your children or your family at risk? The best thing to invest in would be a gun safe. A gun safe is a safe designed to contain your guns and keep your guns safe along with your ammunition for the guns. This is primarily used to prevent unauthorized access to your guns, for burglary protection, and to prevent damage in the event of a fire or flooding. Below, we will discuss some of the top things you might want to consider looking for when you are trying to purchase one.
In case you are in a hurry, our choice for the Best Gun Safe is the SentrySafe QAP1BE Gun Safe with Biometric Lock.
The Best Gun Safes
- Biometric gun safe provides secure storage for one standard handgun; gun safe safe features a fingerprint scanner for advanced protection
- Gun safe is equipped with a gas strut to instantly and quietly open safe door for single-handed access to your handgun; ideal for use as a bedside gun safe
- Gun safe is constructed with solid steel and a pry resistant door for strength and handgun security; digital keypad and override key for back up entry; California DOJ certified gun safe
- Exterior: 12.1 in. W x 9.9 in. D. x 3.2 in. H; Interior 9.7 in. W x 6.7 in. D x 2.2 in. H; weighs 12 pounds; four AA batteries required (not included)
- For optimal performance, SentrySafe recommends the use of four high-quality, name branded, alkaline AA batteries with an expiration date of 8-10 years from the current year. Generic and rechargeable batteries often do not have the lifespan needed to support long term usage
- ADVANCED BIOMETRICS – Smart biometric technology retains 120 fingerprints, secures firearms away from kids, and deters theft
- INSTANT HOME DEFENSE – For quick firearm access during emergencies, instantly unlock the safe with a reliable 2.5 sec biometric scan
- DOJ-APPROVED SECURITY – Built with solid steel, 3 steel deadbolts, and protective edges, this biometric device resists tampering and prying
- COMPACT & MOUNTABLE – The Biometric Fingerprint Safe fits practically anywhere for unrivaled convenience and stores handguns and up to 4 rifles
- BACKUP ACCESS – Unlock the safe with the included keys and hidden keyhole or plug in the emergency battery pack when battery runs low
- Holds 10 rifles or shotguns up to 52" tall
- Steel top shelf provides additional storage or is removable
- Stack On 10 gun security cabinet features a foam padded bottom and barrel rests
- Dimensions of gun storage cabinet: 17"W x 13-1/2"D x 53"H
- 3-point locking system with key coded, double-bitted lock
- COMPACT DESIGN is portable for travel in your car, the office, or backpacks and luggage and can securely hold 1 handgun and extra magazines.
- Quick access Digital keypad
- Fast Activation drop down drawer, for quick access
- 18-Gauge steel construction, with protective foam-lined interior
- Multiple mounting options, hardware included. Backup override key included
- Exterior Product Dimensions HxWxD (inc. keypad and lock) : 6.5 x 3.5 x 13 inches, Interior Product Dimensions : 2.25 x 5.75 x 8.5 inches
- Quick-access firearm safety device for securely storing valuables, documents, and a firearm
- Programmable electronic keypad with rubber buttons for whisper-quiet single-handed entry; automatic-opening door
- Durable 16-gauge powder-coated steel construction provides reliable strength
- Pre-drilled holes and hardware included for floor-mounting; back-up key included for emergency use
- Exterior measures 11.8 by 10.4 by 3.4 inches (LxWxH); interior measures 11.7 by 7.4 by 2.8 inches (LxWxH); backed by an AmazonBasics 1-year limited warranty
- Black combination lock baox
- 1500 lb RATE 4 ft steel security cable
- Protetive foam interior/thick 16 Gauge steel housing
- Meets TSA Airline guide lines (check TSA regulations and Airline policies before traveling with any portable safe)
- Approved by the California DEPARTMENT of Justice for firearms storage
- MULTIPURPOSE SAFE: Pistol Lock Box provides secure storage for handguns, ammunition, passports, cash, cellphones, credit cards, watches, jewelry and more at home, on a nightstand, in the car or when traveling, especially good for keeping small firearms away from kids!
- EASE OF USE: Resettable 3 digit combination for keyless convenience, set and reset your combination allowing hundred of personalized combination code options.
- DURABLE & PRY-RESISTANT: Well-chosen Materials 16-gauge steel housing and 1500 lb rated security cable for added protection.
- SCRATCH PROTECTION: Lined with high density memory foam - It includes four thick protective foam inserts to ensure security and protect your valuables from scratching or damage.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: Meets TSA airline firearm guidelines and we are committed to business integrity quality after-sales guarantee. 1 year warranty!
11. SnapSafe Lockbox
- 16-Gauge heavy steel construction
- Easy to operate key lock
- 1500 lb. Test steel security cable
- Durable & pry-resistant: mit robustem, 16 Gauge Stahl Gehäuse.
- Mehrzweck-sicher: XXL (29,2 x 21,6 x 6,3 cm) Lock Box bietet sichere Aufbewahrung für Handfeuerwaffe, Schmuck, Bargeld, Medikamente, Pässe, Tablets und mehr zu Hause, auf dem Nachttisch, im Auto oder auf Reisen.
How To Evaluate A Gun Safe
- Features – One of the main things that you are going to want to look for and consider when it comes time to purchase a gun safe would be the features that it comes with. You want to find a gun safe that has a lot of good features that you would consider using if you were to buy it. Along with this, you want to be sure that you are investing in a safe that has the features needed for your particular climate. For instance, if you are in a dry area that is prone to fires, you might want to be sure that you are investing in one that is fireproof. Whereas, if you are in an area that is prone to flooding, you will likely want to be purchasing one that has adequate water protection.
- Gun Specific Design – The main purpose of a gun safe is to secure your firearms and ammo. As such, you want to make sure the safe you choose is sized and padded properly to keep your guns protected. This differs from a general safe, which is setup to keep a variety of valuables secure, but not designed with guns in mind. (For a collection of general safes, check out this review of best home safes). A safe built for guns will be the right dimensions and constructed with the right materials to keep weapons safe.
- Pricing – Another important thing that you are going to need to look at when it comes to finding the best safe to invest in would be the pricing of the safe. You want to find a safe that is going to provide you with a good overall price point. That way, you will be able to purchase one that is under budget and one that you will be able to afford. Also, you want to get the best value for your money.
- Warranty – Another major thing that you are likely going to want to consider when buying a gun safe would be the warranty that the brand provides. Ideally, you want to purchase from a brand that is well respected in the marketplace and one that really supplies a good warranty for their products. By doing this, you are going to be able to find one that is going to provide you with long-term use.
- Size – Another major factor that has to be considered is the overall size of the safe that you are considering buying. Not only do you want to make sure that you are buying a safe that is large enough to fit all of your guns and ammunition, but you want to find one that is going to fit where you are intended on putting it within your home.
Overall, there is a lot to consider when you are in the process of buying a gun safe. If you are wondering what is a gun safe, it is primarily something to keep your guns safe. Be sure to consider everything mentioned above to find the right one.
Gun Safe Video
Here is a video discussing various Gun Safes:
Last Updated on