Best Gun Safes
What Is a Gun Safe?
Are you looking for something to keep guns in your home without putting your children or your family at risk? The best thing to invest in would be a gun safe. A gun safe is a safe designed to contain your guns and keep your guns safe along with your ammunition for the guns. This is primarily used to prevent unauthorized access to your guns, for burglary protection, and to prevent damage in the event of a fire or flooding. Below, we will discuss some of the top things you might want to consider looking for when you are trying to purchase one.
How To Evaluate A Gun Safe
- Features – One of the main things that you are going to want to look for and consider when it comes time to purchase a gun safe would be the features that it comes with. You want to find a gun safe that has a lot of good features that you would consider using if you were to buy it. Along with this, you want to be sure that you are investing in a safe that has the features needed for your particular climate. For instance, if you are in a dry area that is prone to fires, you might want to be sure that you are investing in one that is fireproof. Whereas, if you are in an area that is prone to flooding, you will likely want to be purchasing one that has adequate water protection.
- Pricing – Another important thing that you are going to need to look at when it comes to finding the best safe to invest in would be the pricing of the safe. You want to find a safe that is going to provide you with a good overall price point. That way, you will be able to purchase one that is under budget and one that you will be able to afford. Also, you want to get the best value for your money.
- Warranty – Another major thing that you are likely going to want to consider when buying a gun safe would be the warranty that the brand provides. Ideally, you want to purchase from a brand that is well respected in the marketplace and one that really supplies a good warranty for their products. By doing this, you are going to be able to find one that is going to provide you with long-term use.
- Size – Another major factor that has to be considered is the overall size of the safe that you are considering buying. Not only do you want to make sure that you are buying a safe that is large enough to fit all of your guns and ammunition, but you want to find one that is going to fit where you are intended on putting it within your home.
Overall, there is a lot to consider when you are in the process of buying a gun safe. If you are wondering what is a gun safe, it is primarily something to keep your guns safe. Be sure to consider everything mentioned above to find the right one.
Best Gun Safes For The Money
- 0.5-cubic-foot security safe with electronic lock and 2 emergency override keys
- Steel construction with carpeted floor to protect against scratches and damage; Safe is not fireproof or waterproof
- 2 live-door bolts and pry-resistant concealed hinges; adjustable/removable interior shelf
- Reprogrammable digital access; uses four AA batteries (not included)
- Four bolts included to mount safe to wall, floor, or shelf
- Perfect size to fit inside of a drawer
- 2 Live action steel locking bolts and concealed hinges for greater security
- Easily programmed electronic lock.Internal Dimensions: (W x D x H):11.5 x 8.25 x 2.25″,External Dimensions: (W x D x H):12 x 8.75 x 4.5″.
- Time out period after 3 incorrect combination attempts
- Pre-drilled holes for mounting the safe to the floor/shelf and wall, fastening hardware is included
- Quick access Digital keypad
- Fast Activation drop down drawer, for quick access
- 18-Gauge steel construction, with protective foam-lined interior
- Multiple mounting options, hardware included. Backup override key included
- Exterior Product Dimensions HxWxD (inc. keypad and lock) : 6.5 x 3.5 x 13 inches, Interior Product Dimensions : 2.25 x 5.75 x 8.5 inches
- Holds 10 rifles or shotguns up to 52" tall
- Steel top shelf provides additional storage or is removable
- Shelf is positioned in the back of the cabinet so longer guns can be stored in the front of the cabinet
- Foam padded bottom
- Dimensions: 11 inches by 8 1/2 inches by 2 1/4 inches Interior dimensions: 10 3/4 inches by 6 1/2 inches by 2 inches
- Weighs 4 lbs, 20 gauge steel exterior construction
- Learn buttons make it easy to program more than 12 million user selectable access codes
- Foam lining inside to protect the firearm or other valuables;Country of origin : China
- Does not include 9v battery user must unlock via key first
- Inside tamper-proof hinges; Constructed with solid steel to resist hand and mechanical tool attacks
- Constructed of extra thick 11 gauge solid steel; Inside tamper-proof hinges; door opens to right
- Opens with secret PIN code or included keys (2 FREE KEYS); 3 to 8 numbers
- Code can be changed infinitely. Runs on AASIZE(1.5V) batteries
- Pre-drilled holes inside the safe with fixing bolts allowing anchoring. Bolts included
- Gun Accessory Supply
- Holds 3 Handguns at the Ready and 2 Handguns Flat - Max Capcity: 5
- Quick Access Spring Loaded Drop Down Door with Red Interior Light and Optional Silent Mode
- Solid Steel Construction with Anti-Pry Tabs and High Strength Locking Latch - Straw and Pick proof with New Welded Lock Housing
- High Strength Security Cable Included, High Density Foam Interior with Scratch Resistant Rods
- External Dimensions: 9" H x 9" W x 12" D / Weighs: 15 lbs / CA DOJ APPROVED
- Open book to reveal a secret storage compartment,Perfect for home, office, school, travel, Rv's and boats
- looks like a real book and will blend seamlessly into your bookshelf contains a metal safe with a key lock
- Inside storage area measures: 2 by 5.625 by 9-inch,Complete book measures: 2-1/4 by 6.125 by 9.5-inch
- Can keep Cash, cards, Coins and other things inside
- Great for securely storing handguns, valuables or personal items, keeping them hidden in plain view so that only you will know where to access your valuables
Gun Safe Video
Here is a video discussing various Gun Safes: