The Top 5 Hunting Fanny Packs With Shoulder Straps Reviewed
Being prepared on the hunt includes packing the right gear. But transporting that equipment and keeping it close by can be a trick, especially while keeping your hands free. That is where a good hunting fanny pack with shoulder straps comes in.
A great hunting waist pack will keep all your most needed gear right at your fingertips so that you don’t have to dig through your pockets to find what you need. And shoulder straps are crucial, as they help distribute the weight so that you can carry it easily.
With a wide range of styles and size capacities, from a smaller over the shoulder fanny pack to multi-compartment bags that can carry everything you need, from ammo to duck calls and hunting knives, you can customize your hunting fanny pack to fit your specific needs and wants for your trip.
For those of you in a hurry, our choice for the Best Hunting Fanny Pack is the Badlands Monster Fanny Pack.
Hunting Fanny Pack Comparison Table
We looked at five of the best fanny packs for hunters, to help you select the perfect gear for your next hunt. Before we get into the specifics of each model, here is a quick look at the packs in our review:
Fanny hunting packs are different then you are traditional 90s-era fanny pack, as they have over the shoulder support and are specifically made so that the compartments do not move around during strenuous activity, such as wading through water during duck hunt, or trekking through the woods to get to your tree stand. Hunting fanny packs are a key part of any hunters’ gear kit, as it allows you to keep the items that you need on hand without having to worry about tracking in or out additional supplies.
With plenty of pocket space as well as other available features, such as a hydration pouch that allows you to carry your drink with you, hunting fanny packs can take some of the hassle out of prepping for your next hunting trip. While Traditional bags can cause difficulties during a hunting trip, hunting fanny packs are specifically engineered to be comfortable, easy to carry, and spacious without weighing you down or offering other potential issues, such as fabric that can catch on the surrounding natural environment.
Usually offered in camouflage or a similar pattern, hunter’s fanny packs can help you take your hunting trip prepping to a new level, as you can customize items for each individual pouch so that you don’t have to worry about being unprepared when the moment strikes.
When it comes to choosing the right hunting fanny pack for your individual style of hunting, there are a few things to keep in mind. Hunting fanny packs are only as good as the way you lay them out, so making sure that there is enough pocket space for the items that you feel are essential to have with you is key to making sure you get the best out of your fanny pack.
We’ve gone ahead and picked our top five hunter’s fanny pack picks for you to compare. When picking our top five we took a few factors in a consideration. We gauged the comfort and usefulness of the pack for long treks and periods of wear based on customer reviews, we evaluated the available pocket space, and we did our research on durability reviews to make sure that these packs are the best available for you.
While these are just our personal favorites, getting a good overview all the types of hunters fanny packs available can help make it easier for you to decide on the best type of hunters fanny pack for you.
Best Hunting Fanny Packs
Without further ado, here are our top five hunting fanny packs, and why we think they are quite the catch.
The Badlands Monster Camouflage Hunting Fanny Pack sits securely at the top of our list due to its comfort, its versatility, and the various features that it offers. While not an overly large pack, the Badlands Monster Camouflage Hunting Fanny Pack offers plenty of carrying space while freeing up your back to carry anything else that you need to bring with you for your hunting or hiking trip. Outfitted with state-of-the-art camouflage so that you are nearly invisible to your prey, this fanny pack goes well with any set of hunting gear, and won’t add additional strain on to your back due to its posture-friendly design. Featuring ThermoMold Suspension with molded foam to best support your back for long hikes or hunting trips, the Badlands Monster Camouflage Hunting Fanny Pack is perfect for helping you bring the essentials with you without weighing you down. With a total of 1100 cubic inches of storage, this hunter’s fanny pack can help you take whatever you need with you Into the wilderness, without adding an extra bag for you to carry in and out. The Badlands Monster Camouflage Hunting Fanny Pack also offers a built-in hydration pack, so that you can store 1 liter of fluids without having to worry about trekking in a canteen, and with an easy to use drinking system, the built in hydration pack is perfect for use on hunting or hiking trips. This pack is also one of the most versatile on our list, as it is features a removable three-point strap system, so that you can upgrade or downgrade the level of support on the pack depending on your needs. This top-of-the line hunting fanny pack is our number one pick for its comfort, flexibility, and compact storage space options, as well as for the quality of the external and internal design components.
- COMPLETE FREEDOM - Small but mighty, the Monster Fanny liberates your back with a comfortable, padded waist belt and a shoulder harness; Plenty of cargo room and well-placed pockets to keep your essentials organized
- COMFORTABLE CARRY - ThermoMold Suspension utilizes molded foam so ergonomically advanced that it virtually matches every contour of the human form; Lightweight Delron flex frame provides support to reduce fatigue
- STEALTHY - Badlands' RealTree Xtra camo is a stealthy pattern that teams up with whisper-quiet KXO-32 fabric to make you practically undetectable to your prey
- VERSATILE - Ideal for recon or day hiking; Wear it your way with fully adjustable, removable 3-point shoulder straps; 2 integrated fold-down workstation pockets; Compatible with 1-liter hydration systems
- TECHNICAL SPECS - Weighs 2 lb 10 oz (1.2 kg) and measures 9 x 15 x 7 inches; Main compartment has a volume of 425 cubic inches (7 L); Total volume is 1100 cubic inches (18 L); 7 pockets
The Badlands Monster Approach Camouflage Hunting Fanny Pack with Fold Down Workstation is similar to our number one option, and comes from the same company. Featuring 1100 cubic inches of space, as well as adjustable shoulder straps and hydration pack, this fanny pack is perfect for hunting trips, hiking trips or any other trip that you may need extra hands free storage space. Offered in unique approach camouflage, this fanny pack features six distinct pockets so that you can organize your hunting gear in exactly the way that you need so you can know where everything is at a moment’s notice. The specially foam straps help support your back while you are wearing the pack, and make sure that the fanny pack itself does not move around while you are traveling, allowing you to spend less time fiddling with your gear and more time hunting. Made from KXO-32™ fabric, which is waterproof, dirt resistant, and specially engineered to create little to no sound when you move, the Badlands Monster Approach Camouflage Hunting Fanny Pack with Hydration Pack is a perfect addition to any hunting trip, and can help organize your gear. While this pack could easily tie with our number one pick for hunting fanny pack, the fact that the hydration pack is an add-on for this particular hunting fanny pack puts it in the number two position. However, the Badlands Monster Approach Camouflage Hunting Fanny Pack with Hydration Pack is still near the top of our list as a high-quality hunting fanny pack with a wide range of options that will help make your hunting trip go smoothly, and will allow you to bring in all your hunting essentials without hassle.
- Small but mighty, the monster fanny liberates your back with a comfortable, padded waist belt and a shoulder harness
- Plenty of Cargo room and well-placed pockets to keep your essentials organized
- Thermo-molded suspension utilizes molded foam so ergonomically advanced that it virtually matches every Contour of the human form
The ALPS OutdoorZ Pathfinder Hunting Pack features a wide range of pockets and compartments, with added strap areas to latch on heavier loads and items, from carabiners to additional packs. Made to work in tandem with a backpack if needed, this hunter’s fanny pack allows the user a wide range of storage spaces without taking up prime carrying real estate while on the hunt. With the versatility to allow you to wear the multi-strapped pack in the front of your person, or on your lower back so you have full range of motion when aiming or climbing into a tree stand or other area. The ALPS OutdoorZ Pathfinder Hunting Pack does not have a built-in hydration pack, but does have a specialized pocket so that you can include one of your own choosing. One of the main perks for the ALPS OutdoorZ Pathfinder Hunting Pack is its versatility, as it comes equipped with a wide range of add-on stations on the back and sides that allow you to interchange various available components to change the basic hunting fanny pack into a day pack or more complex hunting backpack, should the need arise. While not as well moulded for your back as some of our other options, this fanny pack does have a comfortable set of cross-body straps and support harnesses that allow you to carry stashed loads up to ten pounds with relative ease, as well as to help support any other add-on that you combine with the fanny pack itself. If you’re looking for a flexible, versatile hunting back, the ALPS OutdoorZ Pathfinder Hunting Pack may be right up your alley.
- Fanny pack expands to day pack with adjustable shoulder harness, padded waist belt and H20 pocket and port
- Comfortably carry heavy loads and haul meat, use extension lashing straps for extra large loads
- Day pack fits a wide variety of compound bows and a drop-down pocket to carry your gun
- Compatible with ALPS OutdoorZ accessory pockets: binocular, camera and turkey call pockets
- Weight: 3 lbs. 5 oz., Total Capacity: 44 L
The Allen Company Pathfinder Fanny Pack with Shoulder Straps is a hunting fanny pack that features one main “compartment” bag in the front with a total cubic space of 990 inches, which is divided up into other pockets and spaces to help you organize your hunting gear. With an adjustable belt with four BuddyLock points for easy accessory attachment, this is the simplest, but most customizable option on our list of hunting fanny packs. Much like the other options on our list, this hunting fanny pack features an adjustable over the back straps that provide support without interfering with any backpack or other gear that you bring with you on hunting trips. While basic on most of its design options, this hunting fanny pack allows you to minimize the amount of bags that you carry with you without having to worry about leaving anything behind on your hunting trip. The easy-to-access zippered pockets make sure that you gear is on hand at all time, as well as protected by the waterproof outer shell of the Allen Company Pathfinder Fanny Pack with Shoulder Straps (Realtree Ap). This hunting fanny pack also features a removable center belt so that you can customize your carrying set up to help you be comfortable at all times. While not nearly as involved as some of the other packs on our list, the Allen Company Pathfinder Fanny Pack with Shoulder Straps (Realtree Ap) is a good, simplistic option to add to your hunting gear to help you carry a fair amount of supplies without too many extraneous add-ons.
- Cubic inch capacity is 990
- Wide shoulder straps, silent zippers, waterproof fabric
- Dual cinch straps accomodates lashing of clothing and accessories
- Removable waist belt with 4 Buddy-Lock accessory attachment points, adjustable sturnaum strap
- Lash tabs on the bottom of the pack
The ALPS OutdoorZ Little Bear Fanny Hunting Pack is at the end of our list merely due to carrying capacity. A quality made small-sized hunting fanny pack that features removable straps and an adjustable waist belt, this hunting fanny pack is a great option for hunting trips where you want to travel light, with the main pack weighing under two pounds when empty. While slightly under the cubic space availability of our other hunting fanny pack picks, with only 500 cubic inches of storage, this small-range pack still offers plenty of space to store your basic hunting gear, such as extra ammo, hunting knives, and any other equipment that you want readily on hand while out in the field. With removable over the shoulder straps for added comfort and carrying capabilities, this pack is a good basic option for someone looking for a lightweight bag without too many frills. The ALPS OutdoorZ Little Bear Fanny Hunting Pack does have compatibility areas to allow for other hunting essentials to be added on later, such as an animal call storage compartment and a binoculars compartment, though these are not included in the base option. While not as complex as the other options on this list, the ALPS OutdoorZ Little Bear Fanny Hunting Pack carries a stunning four and a half star rating on Amazon, and is a high-quality hunting fanny pack option for someone looking for a lighter carrying capacity bag to go hunting or hiking or any activity in between.
- Organize all your gear in the main, front and two side pockets
- Removable padded waist belt with two pockets and removable shoulder harness
- Compatible with our ALPS OutdoorZ accessory pockets: Binocular Pocket and Turkey Call Pockets/Game Bag; both sold separately
- The ALPS OutdoorZ Little Bear Fanny Pack is on our best sellers list; you won't ever want to hunt without it
- Weight: 1 lb. 9 oz., Capacity: 8L/500 cu. in., Camo Pattern: Realtree Xtra
Gear To Put In Your Fanny Pack
- Hydrafusion technology insulates the drink tube to help keep your water colder, longer
- Full-width top opening is designed for quick, easy Cleaning and makes filling the reservoir a breeze
- A plug n play tube Connector lets you easily attach and Remove the drink tube from the bladder, as well as making it possible to replace the tube if needed
- Primos has been trusted by individuals for decades. Products that are made of quality material and designed to withstand the toughest environments. Trust the Brand that others in the field use and don't settle for less.
- Quality materials used for all primos products
- 100 percent designed and tested for the toughest situations and environments
- Number 1 deer call of all time
- Raised thumb hole locator for a insured seal and consistent sound
- Compatible with our ALPS OutdoorZ Little Bear, Big Bear and Pathfinder Packs
- Padded main compartment, giving your binoculars extra protection
- Ultra-quiet magnet secure top lid for quick and easy access
- Keeps your binoculars secure and clean from various outdoor debris
- Pocket Size: 6.5" H x 6.5" W x 2.5" D, Weight: 7 oz.
Game Call Pockets
- Compatible with our ALPS OutdoorZ Little Bear, Big Bear and Pathfinder Packs
- Holds friction calls (2), strikers (3), diaphragm calls (2), locator calls (2) and a box call (1)
- Comes with detachable game bag, which is great for carrying decoys or your bird
- Game bag has blaze orange strip accessible if extra orange is needed in your attire
- Weight: 10 oz., Game Bag Size: 20" H x 15" W, 7" D
What To Look For In A Hunting Fanny Pack
Finding the right hunting fanny pack for your needs can be a bit of a challenge. Many hunting fanny packs come in a wide range of options that can be overwhelming if you’re not quite sure the options you’re looking for. A good hunting fanny pack will offer a wide range of organizational-based storage options, without reaching the same capacity or size offered by a backpack or similar bag.
The main perk of having a hunting fanny pack is the accessibility, as it allows you reach of all of your hunting essentials while on the field. Instead of digging through a backpack for your items, all your necessary tools are within reach at a moment’s notice.
A quality hunting fanny pack will offer various compartment options, ranging from generalized side pocket areas for a wide range of items, to more specialized areas for things like turkey calls and binoculars.
No matter what design of hunting fanny pack that you decide to go with, the organizational level of the pack is dependent on your own personal needs. Most hunters keep the largest and heaviest items in the front of the back, such as emergency blankets, parachute cord, and back up ammunition clips if applicable. Further back are more common items, like a headlamp, hunting knives, and tactical compasses. The side pockets can be used for more specialized items depending on the game being hunted and the design of the hunting fanny pack itself.
Making sure that the straps of your fanny pack are adjusted in such a way that they rest comfortably across your back and chest, but not so tight as to cause chaffing is key to avoiding blisters and raw patches. Most hunting fanny packs are made to be worn over multiple layers of clothing, and as such have a fairly wide range of customizable options for their straps.
In some cases, you may find that you do not need the over the shoulder straps, and as such having a hunting fanny pack with removable straps can be useful and allow you options when it comes to coordinating your hunting supplies ahead of time.
Investing in a high-quality hunting fanny pack that is waterproof and specially designed for periods of heavy usage can help protect your investment and offer you the best possible performance while out on the field.
A good hunting fanny pack should be designed to avoid snagging on its surroundings, and often times is specially crafted to reduce noise from movement or rubbing up against pieces of your clothing, that way you don’t have to worry about your hunting fanny pack giving your position away to any nearby targets.
A hunting fanny pack can be a perfect tool to help allow you to carry your hunting gear in an easy-to-reach and well-organized location, without complicating your hunting trip.
Hunting Waist Pack Video
Here is a great video where an archery hunter explains how he sets up his hunting fanny pack:
Last Updated on