The Top Hunting Knives Reviewed
All About Hunting Knifes
When it comes to hunting, there are basically two types of bladed instruments that are used: a hunting knife and a hunting dagger. Between the two, you would be surprised to know that while one is used for killing animals, the other is used for post-hunting activities like skinning and cutting. The question is: Which blade is used for which?
In order to know, let us first ask the question: What is a hunting knife? It is the one that hunters use to skin their game and cut them into pieces. If you search for it online, you will see that there are many styles of hunting knives that are defined by their blade and handle. Others are straightforward and look very much like small kitchen knives. Others, though, are more elaborate and have arched bodies and fancy-looking handles.
If you search for “what is a hunting knife”, you will see that there is a question about which brands are the best in the world. Well, we have an answer to that in the form of a list and the list is quite extensive. The top brands are Opinel, Havalon Piranta, Buck Omni, SOG Huntspoint, among other brands.
The knives that we mentioned above are only four of the top eleven brands in the market now. But how much do they cost? Their prices vary from $12 to $400. If you’re wondering about the huge difference in the price, it is only because of the hardness of the blade. The $400 knife is made through a process called friction forging. This means that it will never dull and will never need re-sharpening ever.
Of course, if you are like most people, you are not a professional hunter and only hunt on occasion, in which case it is perfectly okay to get a cheap knife. Of course, just because you are getting a cheap one, it does not mean that it’s okay to buy the first knife you encounter online. Read the reviews on Amazon to see which affordable brands are great to buy.
What makes a hunting knife different from other knives? It has to do with the blade. It is made specifically to easily separate the skin from the meat. This is especially useful if you just hunted a large animal. Skinning with an ordinary knife will make it difficult for you to complete your hunting task. But you don’t need to take our word for it. You can see for yourself.
Aside from skinning your game, you can also use a hunting knife for gutting and for deboning. You can also use it for butchering or slicing, and you can also use it for caping. Caping is the process of creating a hunting trophy by skinning the skin around the neck, chest and shoulder. The head is then detached from the rest of the body.
Best Fixed Blade Hunting Knives For The Money
- 9" OVERALL
- 4.5" 3.5MM BLADE, STAINLESS STEEL
- INCLUDES BLACK NYLON FIBER SHEATH
- BLACK NYLON FIBER HANDLE
- Compact, skeletal 420HC steel frame.
- Black ceramic coating for minimal reflection + corrosion.
- Diamond texture rubber handle for superior grip.
- Modular sheath system for concealed or open carry.
- Always on hand. Always ready. Never unprepared.
- Knife Weight: 3.83Oz, lightweight easy to carry
- Stainless Steel Blade- Rustproof, wearable and sharp
- Knife total length: 7.4"¨19cm Blade Length: 3.3"(8,5cm)
- Ergonomically designed handle, feels great to hold in your hand and comfortable to use
- Multifunction- Perfectly suitable for outdoor activities, such as hunting, fishing, camping, etc
- Unique Neck Knife
- 4.25" Closed
- Black Stainless Steel Blade
- Black Grenade Style Handle
- Includes Pocket Clip
- Complete length- 5 5/8 inches, Blade length- 2 5/16 inches
- Drop point edge
- Blade quality- AUS-8A stainless steel blade
- Hardness of steel- 57-59 HRC
- Includes a black handle and sheath
- Serrated high carbon stainless steel drop point blade - ideal for edge retention and cutting rope
- Ergonomic textured rubber grip - maximizes comfort and reduces slippage
- Stainless steel pommel - at base of handle for hammering
Here are the top 10 folding blade hunting knives:
Best Folding Blade Hunting Knives For The Money
- 3.1" 8Cr13MoV stainless steel blade with black-oxide finish for excellent toughness, edge retention and wear resistance
- Textured glass-filled nylon handle scales offer a solid grip with gentle contour and comfortable in-hand feel
- Drop-point, partially serrated blade is perfect for tackling everyday tasks like opening cardboard boxes, cutting rope, stripping wire and more
- Feature rich handle includes SpeedSafe assisted opening, built-in flipper, secure locking liner and convenient reversible pocket clip
- The black Clash is a great tool for any hiker, hunter, angler, gardener, mechanic, backpacker or anyone in need of a solid, reliable EDC
- Stylish edc folding pocket knife is essential for everyday use-cutting tasks, food preparation, survival tool, self-defense or makes the perfect gift
- Sharp and reliable 420HC stainless steel blade with stonewashed, blackwash finish pairs handsomely with blue, lightweight aluminum handle
- Speedsafe assisted opening provides a quick, secure and safe open with a simple pull of the flipper moving the blade out of handle
- Brand: Spyderco
- Model: Delica
- Color: Black, orange, red
- RAZOR SHARP CLIP POINT BLADE- 3-3/4" 420HC Stainless Steel Clip Blade has excellent strength , edge retention and is corrosion resistant. The Clip blade has a very sharp controllable point, and is good for detail work, piercing and slicing
- STRENGTH AND SAFETY - Easy to open with a nail notch on the blade. The lock back mechanism locks the blade open for reliable strength and safety while you work. Closed Length 4-7/8" Weight 7.2 oz.
- AN AMERICAN ICON - Classic Woodgrain Handle and Brass Bolsters provide a perfect combination of beauty and balance.
- CONVENIENT CARRY- Includes a Genuine High Quality Protective Leather Sheath with Snap Fastener. The integrated belt loop allows for safe and secure carry on your belt for easy access. The 110 is perfect as a hunting companion or for general outdoor use
- MADE IN THE USA - FOREVER WARRANTY - Since 1902 Buck Knives has offered a lifetime warranty on our knives because we believe in the integrity of our products. This knife is proudly made in the USA.
- RAZOR SHARP CLIP POINT BLADE - 2-3/8" 420HC Steel Clip Blade has great edge retention and corrosion resistance. The Clip blade has a very sharp controllable point, and is good for piercing and slicing. Closed length 3-3/8" and 1.9 oz
- HANDSOME HANDLE - Classic American Walnut Handle with Brass Bolsters deliver a perfect combination of beauty and balance
- STRENGTH and SAFETY - Easy to open with a nail notch on the blade. The lockback mechanism locks the blade open for reliable strength and safety while you work
- CLASSIC and COMPACT for EVERYDAY CARRY -The 55 is a mini version of the renowned 110 Folding Hunter. This knife fits perfectly in your pocket for easy access and every day use
- MADE IN THE USA - FOREVER WARRANTY - Since 1902 Buck Knives has offered a lifetime warranty on our knives because we believe in the integrity of our products. This knife is proudly made in the USA
- FOLDING KNIFE
- 4.5" CLOSED
- 3" RAINBOW STAINLESS STEEL BLADE
- ALUMINUM HANDLE
- INCLUDES POCKET CLIP
- Ideal everyday carry knife
- One hand-opening blade
- Extra line cutter blades stored under handle Slab
- Perfect sized knife with one hand-opening blade and extra emergency tools
- Partially serrated edge, 3.4-inch steel folding blade has a clip point shape with a hardcase black finish
- Blade Length: 3.1", Closed Length: 4.1", Overall Length: 7.25" Blade Thickness: 0.11", Handle Thickness: 0.53"
- Blade Grind: Hollow, Blade Finish: Satin, Blade Style: Drop Point Blade Material: 8Cr13MoV Stainless Steel, Weight: 2.9 oz.
- Great for maintenance professionals, anglers, backpackers, hikers, landscapers, inventory clerks, campers and more
- Feature rich handle includes SpeedSafe assisted opening, a secure locking liner, convenient reversible pocketclip and predrilled lanyard hole
- Classic drop-point blade is perfect for a number of tasks like opening packages, cutting cordage, slicing fruit, aggressive animal defense, removing zip-ties and more
Hunting Knife Video
Here is a video discussing how to choose a hunting knife:
Last Updated on