What Is A Laser Bore Sighter
Laser bore sighters (or laser bore sights) are used to make sure that your gun is still properly calibrated even after a long trip. A laser bore sighter can make sure that you do not waste any of your ammo checking to make sure that your gun barrel is still calibrated accurately to your scope.
A laser bore sighter is a small laser pointer that is made to fit in the barrel of a gun. Laser bore sighters come in a wide range of styles, from universal sighters to more specific sights made for different ammunition chamber sizes.
A laser bore sighter will allow you to make sure that your gun is still functional while on the go, without causing you any additional hassle when trying to re-calibrate your weapon. Investing in a good laser bore sighter for hunting is crucial to ensuring that your shot is always on target, no matter how far you have hiked in with your gun. Making sure that your hunting rifle or shotgun is perfectly aligned can ensure that you don’t miss out on the perfect trophy on your hunting trip.
How does a Laser Bore Sighter Work?
A laser bore sighter is similar to a normal laser pointer, as it is usually operated off of phone batteries and produces a long-range beam to help center the muzzle of your gun. Laser bore sighters come in a varied range of makes and models. Some are more specific to a set types of gun, such as a 9mm laser bore sighter or a shotgun shell sighter, while others are specifically crafted to be universal to almost all kinds of guns.
A laser bore sighter is easy to bring in with your hunting kit, as it is only as big as one round of ammunition for your gun of choice, and can be easily kept in a side pouch for on-the-go calibration to make sure that your scope or sights are aligned properly.
Simply insert the laser bore sighter into the ammunition chamber of your weapon, making sure the laser itself is turned on, and use the precision beam to help you adjust your sights or scope to the correct alignment. A laser bore sighter is useful in situations where you cannot usually fire off a test round, such as in a situation where a shot would alert any nearby animals to your presence, and can help you conserve ammo in the long run.
Choosing The Right Laser Bore Sighter
If you have a large range of gun types in your hunting arsenal, a more universal laser bore sighter may be right for you, as it can be used with a wide range of guns without having to worry about the chamber specialization. The downside of a universal laser bore sighter is that it is not necessarily as precise on all types of guns as the correct ammunition caliber laser bore sighter would be.
If you find yourself hunting most often with shotguns or guns that require 9 mm ammo, investing in a specific laser bore sighter may be more beneficial to you in the long run. It is important to do your research on what kind of laser bore sighter works best for your specific hunting weapons, as many times the product reviews will include individuals who have used the laser bore sighter on your weapon of choice before, and can attest to how easy or difficult it is to calibrate their weapon using the particular sighter.
A laser bore sighter can help increase your accuracy, and save you time and frustration while on the hunt.
Best Laser Bore Sighter For The Money
Here are the top 10 items in the laser bore sighter category on Amazon:
- This laser is made to fit the .223 chamber, caliber specific.
- Simply place batteries in end cap-twist and end cap to turn on-and place in chamber
- Class 3A laser and laser output less than <5mw
- Great for the range and ensuring your gun is still zeroed in after travel
- It projects a straight laser beam allowing precise optical adjustments to sight in your scopes & sights without firing and ammo
- Compact 0.223 Boresight designed for fast gun zeroing and sighting
- 15 to 100 yard sighting range
- 632 to 650 nm laser wavelength
- Sturdy brass construction
- Comes with carry pouch
- ADAFA.Z LASER BORE SIGTER is light weight designed, and easy to use. It comes with 4pcs bore adapters to fit any 0.22 to 0.50 caliber pistols, rifles, handguns, and scopes. Simply choose the caliber adapter and place the laser unit in the muzzle
- This laser bore sight collimator installs in the barrel of the firearm and projects a laser beam from the center of the bore axis. It allows the accurate alignment of scopes, iron sights or laser sights on handguns and rifles
- The sight will emit a straight red laser beam, providing a precise reference for zeroing in on your target. Long sighting range; Light weight and durable. Allows for quick and accurate resetting of any sights
- Specification: Material Aluminum; Weight 38g; Product's Length 155 mm. Max. Output Power less than 1mW; Length of rod that fits in the barrel: 60mm - 90mm (tapered). Class II Laser, 5mw or Less. Head Diameter: 16mm; Tail Diameter: 5mm; Laser wavelength 630-680nm
- NOTE: Red laser bore sighter comes with 3pcs LR44 battery. CAUTION: Avoid direct eye exposure to beam
- Precision accuracy. Older .380 pistols have no issue with our boresights as they are a bit larger, manufactures are making firearms smaller to make more compact pistols of any caliber.
- Fastest gun zeroing and sighting system
- Reduce wasted cartridges and shells
- Easy to pack and travel
- Comes with a carrying case. For use with pistols with 30mm ejection port or larger
- Class IIIA laser; less than 5mW
- Light and compact .223 REM Boresight
- Faster gun zeroing, reduce cartridges and shells wasted
- Easy to sit perfectly in the bore; Sturdy brass construction
- High accuracy, sighting range is 15 to 100 yards
- Made to fit the .223 chamber, caliber specific.
- Class IIIA laser, less than 5mW
- Comes with 2 sets batteries (6 AG3 batteries)
- Easy to sit perfectly in the bore. Sturdy brass construction. Fast gun zeroing and sighting.
- High accuracy to reduce cartridges and shells wasted, sighting range of the bore sight is 15 to 100 yards.
- Fastest sight-in method on the market
- Fits all calibers from .22-.50 (min. 3-inch barrel)
- Sight in scope, iron sights or laser sights
- Save time with the simple sight in method
- Save ammo with the system, only 2-3 rounds needed
- Aircraft grade aluminum casing
- Precision Accuracy
- Fastest gun zeroing and sighting system
- Don't waste ammo
- Highest quality affordable boresight
- Cal 9MM 9 mm
- Cartridge Laser Bore sighter Boresight
- Use for All 9mm's Both Fixed and Floating Barrel
- Made of Brass,good quality for long time use
- Lightweight and compact Power: under 5mW, Non handheld Class 3R lasers
- Quickly check zero: Simply choose the caliber adapter and place the laser unit in the muzzle. The sight will emit a straight red laser beam with a long sighting range. It allows you to quickly zero-in on your target without wasting excessive amounts of ammo.
- Fits calibers from .177 .22 to .50: Unique system of adapters fit all .177 .22 to .50-cal. pistols and rifles. Select and adjust the proper barrel adapter, slide into the barrel and center the scope crosshairs or iron sights on the red dot.
- Upgraded Construction: The Twod Bore Sighter activates with a button switch. Crafted from anodized, tough aircraft aluminum. No metal touches the rifling of your firearm.
- Application: Twod precision-calibrated boresighter lets you check scope alignment anytime, especially important after rough trips to remote hunting locations. It allows for quick and accurate resetting of any sight type (iron, optical, laser, holographic, etc.)
- What you get: 1PC laser bore tool,16 PC caliber adapters,1PC battery, instruction,and other tools you will need to make adjustments. Limited lifetime warranty and friendly customer service.
Laser Bore Sighter Video
Here is a great YouTube video demonstrating how to use a laser bore sighter to sight in your rifle: