Best Night Vision Binoculars
What Are Night Vision Binoculars
Night vision binoculars are an amazing tool for seeing distant objects at night. Even in pitch black, a good night vision aid can allow a person to view people, animals, or locations with an impressive level of clarity. People in many professions use night vision technology as part of their job. So, what are night vision binoculars?
How Do Night Vision Binoculars Work?
Night vision binoculars are exactly what they sound like: binoculars that allow vision in conditions with very little light. To accomplish this, these special binoculars use a number of interesting pieces of technology.
In night vision hardware, the photo-cathode is the operative hardware that allows detection of very small amounts of light. When the world looks pitch black to a person, there are actually still small numbers of photons traveling through the air. Our eyes are just not sensitive enough to pick them up and interpret them as visible light. When photons enter night vision binoculars, they strike the photo-cathode, which produces an electron for each photon it detects.
These electrons are channeled into a photo-multiplier, which multiplies the number of electrons it recieves. These takes a weak signal and amplifies it, allowing just a small number of photons to produce a large burst of electrons.
Once the electrons have been multiplied, they are used by a phosphor screen, which creates an image based on the electrons it receives. This is the same technology used in the first television screens.
When the viewer looks at the phosphor screen, they see an image produced by amplifying the signal of the original photons, allowing there to be enough light to make out images in otherwise pitch black conditions. This image comes out green, because when the photons are converted to electrons, the data of their wavelength is lost. Color is determined by wavelength, so when the electrons are converted back into light, the light is all the same green color that is produced by the phosphor screen.
All night vision technology works this way, but night vision binoculars are special in that they can see distant objects. The lenses in the binoculars focus the photons as they would normally, and it is this focused image that is amplified. Thus, with night vision binoculars, even far away dark objects can be seen clearly.
So, what are night vision binoculars good for? There are a number of common applications. Obviously, the military and police have good applications for seeing activity in the dark. Sailors who need to travel at night also need a way to navigate and avoid collisions with rocks. Some birds only come out at night, so dedicated bird watchers will often use night vision technology to see them.
These are just a few uses for night vision binoculars. This amazing technology can be used any time anyone needs to see at night, so the uses are really only limited by the imagination. Night vision binoculars use incredible technology to amplify available light, allowing stealthy and reliable vision at night.
Best Night Vision Binoculars For The Money
- Polarized Yellow coating blocks blue light that causes night-time glare
- Lightweight comfort guarantees you won't have a headache from using
- Impact resistant, thanks to the aerospace technology of polycarbonate material used in construction
- Comes with Leather Case, Microfiber Pouch and Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed. Please just let us know if you're not happy with your purchase within 30 days, and we'll take care of you. You have no risk to try
- Revolutionary widescreen viewing monitor - comfortable viewing with both eyes, even useable with glasses
- Viewing range of up to 100m at night, 3x magnification with 6x digital zoom
- Straightforward and instantaneous operation
- 6hrs battery life on eight AA batteries
- 18 month warranty and Nightfox product support from the UK
- Brand BESTGUARDER Item Name BF-UV3R PLUS Model NV-800 Patent No 201730381982.8 In-view 2" TFT display, Resolution of Screen 320*240 Magnification(optical) 3.5-7 Objective Aperture φ31mm Exit Pupil Distance 30mm Digital Zoom 2 Field of View 10° F for Objective lens F=1.2
- Working Power Voltage 4.5-6V or 6V Power bank Rechargeable Battery 4 or 8 *AA,lithium,alkaline or NI-MH Battery USB Micro USB2.0 Water Resistance Standard IPX4 L / W / H 205ⅹ169ⅹ88 mm Digital night vision Weight + 8*AA battery 960g
- 1.Outstanding optical clarity, high performance night vision. 2.Wide dynamic range, wide field of view. 3.1/4 CMOS vs image-intensifier tube. 4.Up to 14 hours runtime without the use of infrared illuminator and up to 6 hour with IR illuminator on. 5.TV Out : Device be a live Infrared surveillance camera connecting TV with TV cable.
- 1 x User's Manual 1 x Cleaning Cloth 1 x Pouch 1 x USB Cable
- Ergonomically Optimized Vertical, Tilt, and Fore/Aft-Eye-Relief Adjustment Levers for a custom-fit user experience
- Helmet Mount Release Button allows quick one-handed release from Helmet Bracket or Shroud
- Force-to-Overcome Deploy/Stow Release enables single-handed decisive user pressure flip-up/flip-down
- Horn Style NVG Compatible for PVS-7B/D & PVS-14
- Glide-Rite Infinitely Adjustable in both vertical and horizontal directions
- 【Upgrade Version】Ergonomic exterior with non-slip wrist strap. JPEG: 2592*1944,1600*1200,640*480; Video:1280*720 @30 fps，640*480 @30 fps with sound.
- 【Specification】1-4.5X magnification,5X digital zoom, 40mm objective aperture,12°angle of view, 400m/1300ft viewing distance in full darkness,get the brightness you want.
- 【Application】Support for setting automatic shooting mode for intelligent unattended monitoring,It is a perfect tool for hunting, fishing, bird watching, outdoors adventures.
- 【Accessories】Can be mounted on a tripod, Put into a bag, or linked to a binocular harness.Battery: 8 *AA,lithium,alkaline or NI-MH Battery (not included),TF card: up to 32G(included).
- 【1 YEAR WARRANTY】Bestguarder service team provides professional 24-hour after-sales services on Amazon to promote you a hassle-free purchase experience.
- Powerful infrared Illumination
- Magnification x Obj lens: 2x 40mm
- Rugged water-resistant housing
- Compact rugged design with waterproof body
- Head or helmet mountable for hands free usage
- Ergonomic simple and easy to operate controls
- Built in infrared illuminator and flood lens
- Export of this product outside of the United States of America is not allowed and is controlled by the US Department of State
- LARGE 4 INCH VIEW SCREEN WITH EXCELLETNT IMAGE PERFORMANCE: Built In 2 inch TFT screen, convert to 4 inch large viewing screen by the convex lens; Resolution of screen:640X480, comfortable to your eyes with or without glasses; Record 2592*1944 HD image and 1280*720 video with sound, show you vivid detail of the image
- OUTSTANDING OPTICAL CLARITY WITH TIME LAPSE FUNCTION: High performance with 4.5X optical magnification, 5X digital zoom and a 40mm objective aperture, wide field of view, 1/3 CMOS vs image-intensifier tube; Start to record image or video automatically at a preset time period, no worry to miss any moment for long time monitor, make you can monitor at any time and anywhere.
- LONG VIEWING DISTANCE RANGE WITH LONG CONTINUOUS RUNTIME: Built in 850NM 3W infrared LED illuminator for up to 1300ft/400m viewing distance in full darkness; Day or night use(with IR off for daytime color); Operates on 8 AA batteries (not included) and power bank(not included), no worry the battery drain out for the long time monitoring;
- ULTRA-EASY OPERATOR INTERFACE & ERGONOMIC AND EASY-GRIP DESIGN: The bulgy 8 function keys make you can find them easily even in the complete darkness; Removable and adjustable wrist strap and rough surface make it easy to hold, not easy to fall off;
- USER FRIENDLY WITH ONE YEAR WARRANTY: Built-in setting menu with 9 languages; Date and time, GPS ID stamped on picture and video; 32GB free memory storage; Easily connect with computer and TV; Replay function; IPX4 Water resistance; Tripod mountable(1 tripod Jack) and neck strapped; One year warranty with FCC, CE, RoHs certifications
Night Vision Binocular Video
Here is a video discussing various Night Vision Binoculars: