The Top Night Vision Binoculars Reviewed
Night vision binoculars are an amazing tool for seeing distant objects at night. Even in pitch black, a good night vision aid can allow a person to view people, animals, or locations with an impressive level of clarity. People in many professions use night vision technology as part of their job.
So, what are night vision binoculars good for? There are a number of common applications. Obviously, the military and police have good applications for seeing activity in the dark. Sailors who need to travel at night also need a way to navigate and avoid collisions with rocks. Some birds only come out at night, so dedicated bird watchers will often use night vision technology to see them. These are just a few uses for night vision binoculars. Of course, we mostly use them for night time hunting.
The Best Night Vision Binoculars
Our Pick for the best night vision binoculars is the Bestguarder NV-900:
- LARGE 4 INCH VIEW SCREEN WITH EXCELLETNT IMAGE PERFORMANCE: Built In 2 inch TFT screen, convert to 4 inch large viewing screen by the convex lens; Resolution of screen:640X480, comfortable to your eyes with or without glasses; Record 2592*1944 HD image and 1280*720 video with sound, show you vivid detail of the image
- OUTSTANDING OPTICAL CLARITY WITH TIME LAPSE FUNCTION: High performance with 4.5X optical magnification, 5X digital zoom and a 40mm objective aperture, wide field of view, 1/3 CMOS vs image-intensifier tube; Start to record image or video automatically at a preset time period, no worry to miss any moment for long time monitor, make you can monitor at any time and anywhere.
- LONG VIEWING DISTANCE RANGE WITH LONG CONTINUOUS RUNTIME: Built in 850NM 3W infrared LED illuminator for up to 1300ft/400m viewing distance in full darkness; Day or night use(with IR off for daytime color); Operates on 8 AA batteries (not included) and power bank(not included), no worry the battery drain out for the long time monitoring;
- ULTRA-EASY OPERATOR INTERFACE & ERGONOMIC AND EASY-GRIP DESIGN: The bulgy 8 function keys make you can find them easily even in the complete darkness; Removable and adjustable wrist strap and rough surface make it easy to hold, not easy to fall off;
- USER FRIENDLY WITH ONE YEAR WARRANTY: Built-in setting menu with 9 languages; Date and time, GPS ID stamped on picture and video; 32GB free memory storage; Easily connect with computer and TV; Replay function; IPX4 Water resistance; Tripod mountable(1 tripod Jack) and neck strapped; One year warranty with FCC, CE, RoHs certifications
- Built in 3W Infrared LED, 850nm Infrared Illuminator allows viewing up to 1300 ft/400m viewing distance in full darkness; Day or night use(with IR off for daytime color); Use the supplied AV cable to view your images on a television or transfer the files to your computer using the supplied USB cable.
- Outstanding optical clarity, high performance digital night vision binocular, clearly see up to 7X magnification in the darkness, 2x Digital Zoom and a 31mm Objective Aperture, display images and videos on the television.
- You can even take pictures and video using the device which can be stored on a micro SD card. Storage capacity: 4GB to 32GB (not include) is recommended, no worry about lacking of buffer space. You can use the USB to connect the computer to transmit data to prevent data loss.
- It is a hand-held digital night vision viewing system that utilizes an infrared sensitive CMOS sensor, Fully multi-coated optic increases light transmission and decrease glare. The digital night vision binoculars camera is a perfect tool for hunting, fishing, birdwatching, outdoors adventures, surveillance jobs or just plain fun watching concerts or sports.
- Includes image capture, video recording, daytime color & zoom. Power Supply: 8x AA Battery(Not included). Includes 4GB TF card, USB cable, AV cable, and soft carrying case.
- Revolutionary widescreen viewing monitor - comfortable viewing with both eyes, even useable with glasses
- Viewing range of up to 100m at night, 3x magnification with 6x digital zoom
- Straightforward and instantaneous operation
- 6hrs battery life on eight AA batteries
- 18 month warranty and Nightfox product support from the UK
- A great gadget which enable you to observe target in complete darkness. Ideal for a wide variety of uses such as surveillance, nighttime hunting wildlife observation and exploring caves.
- With multi-coated glass objectives, high sensitivity sensor, integrated color LCD-Screen and 7level IR LED illuminator. You can view in the dark up to 328ft/100m, get the brightness you want.
- Take photos and videos at any time, record more true-to-life details. Also it's easy to display images and videos on the television and transfer files to a computer, which enables you to share fun with your family and friends.
- Handy and safe -Can be mounted on a tripod, Put into a bag, or linked to a binocular harness. It is covered by rubber on the outface, which gains more friction, not easy to slip out.
- Notice: Regarding the way to open the battery case, you can check photos .Two Year Limited Warranty. Comes with 4GB micro SD card, mini USB cable, AV cable, neck strap and soft carrying case. Requires 4xAA batteries (not included).
- 【HIGH-POWERED LARGE EYEPIECE BINOCULARS】 This binoculars has 12x magnification, 25mm objective lens and wide field of view, 273ft/1000yds, letting you look farther and see wider. Coating with FMC Broadband coating and premium BAK4 prism, it ensure imaging verisimilar.
- 【ADJUSTABLE EYE CUPS FIT MORE PEOPLE】The binocs can be pull down the rubber eyepieces and more fit the glasses wearer, getting close to lens and see easily. For those who do not wear glasses, will gain more focused slight and feel more easeful through rising eye cups. The compact binoculars has 15mm large eyepieces, can see more clear image than other binoculars.
- 【FMC BROADBAND COATING TECHNOLOGY】The lightweight binoculars is cover with BAK4 prism texture. The objective lens use optical FMC multilayer broadband green film, and the eyepiece-optical is made of blue FMC coating. All design can can mostly reflect the light to keep a good image and make you have a amazing experience.
- 【PORTABLE, COMPACT AND SMALL BINOCULARS DESIGN】 One hand can be mastered when you use the birding binoculars for opera,bird watching camping, traveling or other outside activity, it is more convenient for using and carrying.
- 【DURABLE AND WATERPROOF, COMFORTABLE TOUCH】 The binoculars are made of ABS plastic and it also come with binocular strap, you can use this item in different situations. The pocket size binoculars is suitable for men and women, nonslip rubber armor is made for secure grip, shockproof, water resistant.
All About Night Vision Binoculars
So, what are night vision binoculars?
Night vision binoculars are exactly what they sound like: binoculars that allow vision in conditions with very little light. To accomplish this, these special binoculars use a number of interesting pieces of technology.
In night vision hardware, the photo-cathode is the operative hardware that allows detection of very small amounts of light. When the world looks pitch black to a person, there are actually still small numbers of photons traveling through the air. Our eyes are just not sensitive enough to pick them up and interpret them as visible light. When photons enter night vision binoculars, they strike the photo-cathode, which produces an electron for each photon it detects.
These electrons are channeled into a photo-multiplier, which multiplies the number of electrons it recieves. These takes a weak signal and amplifies it, allowing just a small number of photons to produce a large burst of electrons.
Once the electrons have been multiplied, they are used by a phosphor screen, which creates an image based on the electrons it receives. This is the same technology used in the first television screens.
When the viewer looks at the phosphor screen, they see an image produced by amplifying the signal of the original photons, allowing there to be enough light to make out images in otherwise pitch black conditions. This image comes out green, because when the photons are converted to electrons, the data of their wavelength is lost. Color is determined by wavelength, so when the electrons are converted back into light, the light is all the same green color that is produced by the phosphor screen.
All night vision technology works this way, but night vision binoculars are special in that they can see distant objects. The lenses in the binoculars focus the photons as they would normally, and it is this focused image that is amplified. Thus, with night vision binoculars, even far away dark objects can be seen clearly.
This amazing technology can be used any time anyone needs to see at night, so the uses are really only limited by the imagination. Night vision binoculars use incredible technology to amplify available light, allowing stealthy and reliable vision at night.
Night Vision Binocular Video
Here is a video discussing various Night Vision Binoculars:
Last Updated on