What Are Rifle Scopes?
The question of what is a rifle scope and its benefits is quite common. With the growing trend of average citizens taking up the sport of shooting, there are more and more people looking to fully understand what options are available to them and whether or not they will find them useful or desirable. The answer to this question depends on what your particular shooting goals happen to be.
Features of Rifle Scopes
The first part is to understand what is a rifle scope exactly. In layman’s terms it is a magnifying device that allows you to see targets from long distance, which would be very difficult to hit using the naked eye. The design of these scopes is actually based off the technology used in telescopes. As with telescopes, the power of magnification varies a great deal. The particular strength of the scope is typically directly related to its cost.
Unlike most telescopes, however, a scope typically has a graphic inside the viewing area. This is set up so that by viewing through the scope you can align the cross hairs to the intended target. The graphic can vary to some degree, but will surely involve intersecting lines that create a single focal point. In the case of red dot scopes those intersecting lines may be replaced with a single red dot for quick focusing.
The scope is mounted onto the rifle so that when one goes to shoot the rifle they can look into the scope and line up the shot. Proper alignment of the scope to the gun is essential for accuracy. Many people prefer to have a professional mount the scope for them. Accurate mounting usually requires that the gun is tested in a controlled setting to ensure that it is in proper alignment. If the scope is not properly mounted you will quickly find that making long distance shots in nearly impossible.
It can be somewhat challenging if you are not an expert about scopes to decide which one you would like for your rifle. Many people choose to seek the assistance of a sales person or experienced shooter when making the decision of which scope to purchase. Most gun enthusiasts and sellers are more than happy to assist in this process.
One important aspect about magnification is to understand that the higher the magnification is, the smaller the area will be that you will be able to see in your scope. This means that it may take more time to locate your intended target. You will also find that the higher the magnification the lower the amount of light is that will enter the scope. This will make objects in view darker and less resolute. There are pros and cons to each option. To counter this there are scopes that have the ability to adjust the magnification.
To be sure that you are making the best choice for your shooting needs it is best to consult someone that has experience in the type of shooting that you hope to do. Of course you can take the time to learn, but having assistance is always beneficial. With time you will gain the knowledge that those that came before you possess.
Best Rifle Scopes For The Money
- BEWARE OF COUNTERFEIT PRODUCTS SHIPPED DIRECTLY FROM CHINA
- 1 Inch Tube with Emerald Coating for Maximum Light Transmission, Premium Zero Lockable & Resettable Turrets with 1/4 MOA Per Click Adjustment
- Range Estimating Mil-dot Reticle for Optimal Aiming and Shooting Performance, Adjustable Objective from 3 Yards to Infinity
- Red/Green Dual Illumination for Versatile Applications, Large Field of View and Most Accommodating Eye Relief for Optimum Critical CQB Mission
- Complete with 2" Sunshade, High Quality Flip-open Lens Caps and Quick-detachable Rings
- Specification: 3-9x40
- Magnification: 3-9x
- Objective Diameter: 1.57" (40mm)
- Exit pupil: 0.2"-0.67"
- Length: 12.20"
- Magnification: 2.5-10x; Power of the gun sight laser:2mW; Class of the laser: Class IIIA
- Made of high strength aircraft aluminum, the scope is durable.
- Field Of View:100 yards of 32.5' @ 2.5x - 8.9' @10x
- Laser Reaching Distance:100 yards
- Reticle Illuminated Type: Red and Green
- Magnification:4x;Objective Diameter: 1.26" (32mm); Eye Relief: 4.13" (105mm) Length: 7.48"(190mm);
- With the fully coated optical glass, the rifle scope would give you a bright and high-contrast image.
- Made of high-strength aluminum alloy and with its one-piece tube construction, the scope is definitely for greater strength and durability.
- Inert gas purged, fog,shock, water proof, this scope can be used under any weather condition.
- The length of the whole scope is 7.48" (190mm), which makes this compact scope suitable for quick moving and aiming.
- ACCURATE - Crisp 2 MOA red dot sight allows for accurate, both-eyes-open shooting. 11 red dot brightness settings provide optimal visibility in any light conditions. Multi-coated, scratch resistant amber lens provides enhanced image clarity.
- DEPENDABLE - Fully waterproof with sealed housing. Lifetime Warranty. Shockproof circuitry resists damage from rough handling. Matte black anodized finish resists scratches while keeping a stealthy profile.
- UNBEATABLE VALUE - Exceptional battery life - up to 50,000 hours at the lowest brightness setting. Genuine RenataTM CR2032 Lithium battery included. Factory direct pricing - no distributor markup.
- INSIDE THE BOX - Red dot sight, Rubber bikini cover, Instruction sheet, Lens cloth, Allen wrench, (Optional) Riser Mount
- CHOOSE YOUR MOUNT TYPE - Low Mount (Standard Picatinny, No Riser) - Med Mount (.83" Riser Mount for "absolute" cowitness with iron sights) - Hi Mount (1" Riser for "lower 1/3" cowitness)
- Magnification: 6-24x
- Objective Diameter: 50mm
- Field Of View: 28 ft @ 100 yards
- Click Value: 1/8 inch @ 100 yards
- Illuminated Type of the rifle scope: Red and Green
- High-quality fully-coated optical glass lenses
- Parallax correction preset from 50 yards to infinity
- Rimfire 3/8" dovetail mounting rings included
- HydroShield lens coating ensures a clear sight picture
- SureGrip rubber surfaces simplify adjustments under any conditions
- Magnification 2.5-10X with 40mm objective, field Of View: 100 yards of 32.5' @ 2.5x - 8.9' @10x, laser range up to 100 yards.
- The multi-coated green objective lens boast higher light transmittance for better clarity performance compared to blue objective lens.
- Red and green illuminated reticle, 5 brightness levels for all environments.
- Solid aluminum alloy construction, quick and secure attachment to all Picatinny or Weaver rails.
- Nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed for waterproof, fog proof performance.
- Quality optics with stunning HD clarity
- 100% quality materials used and tested extensively
- Beautiful design and durability built to last
- Dusk &
- Low-light riflescope with 3-9x magnification and 40mm objective lens
- Compact riflescope with 4 to 12x magnification and 40mm objective lens
- Fully multicoated optical system transmits up to 98 percent of available light
- Zero-reset turret with spring-loaded adjustment knob; 3.7 inches of eye relief
- Nitrogen-filled, O-ring-sealed housing for waterproof, fog proof performance
- BDC reticle; quick-focus eyepiece; measures 14.1 inches
Rifle Scope Video
Here is a video discussing various Rifle Scopes: