What Are Scope Rings?
The first thing you need to do in order to hit your target is see it. Iron sights are fine for closer shots, but when your game is further down range you need a scope to get off a better shot. And to attach your scope to your rifle, you will need scope rings.
Scope rings allow you to mount a scope or sighting device onto the top of your rifle easily. They are made to be adjustable and can be easily removed in situations where you would like to fire your hunting rifle without the use of your scope.
Scope rings come primarily in two different styles. There are either the two separate scope rings that you line up along your picatinny rail, or there is the scope ring that comes as one united peace with two separate rings on it.
Scope rings are fairly simple in their construction, and are interchangeable for any rifle that may have a picatinny rail along the top. Scope rings can help make sure that your scope is anchored correctly, and help with siding issues, as well as make sure that your shot is always on target.
How Do You Use Scope Rings?
Scope rings are attached to the top of your rifle along what is known as a picatinny rail. This area is used for mounting a wide range of gun attachments, from laser sights, sniper scopes, as well as more traditional sights. Scope rings are easy to install, as they simply attach to the picatinny rail and are screwed in place most often using small clamps along the side.
If you are using two scope rings that are not attached at the base, it is important to make sure that they are at a good distance to fit your scope of choice. The benefits of using two separate scope rings are that you are able to determine the distance between them, allowing them to be used for a wide range of scopes and sights.
While a dual scope ring offers a bit less flexibility for the scope that is attached to it, the dual scope ring design has a lower chance of becoming misaligned or unscrewed.
Choosing the Right Scope Rings for Your Rifle
When it comes to choosing the right scope rings for your hunting rifle, it is important to take into account what kind of scope you are looking to attach to the rifle. If you have a wide range of scopes in various sizes and lengths that you are looking to change between various rifles, investing in a pair of independent scope rings may be best for you.
Independently mounted scope rings allow you a wider range of freedom when it comes to installing your scope along the picatinny rail. However, if you have one or two scopes of a similar size that you are looking to use for precision shooting, using an attached set of scope rings may be best for you to provide the additional stability that you are looking for.
As with any purchase for your hunting kit, it is best to do your research to make sure that you are getting the best quality item possible, as well as to find out if that item works well for the specific type of rifle you have in mind. Making sure that your scope is properly attached to your rifle can help improve your shot accuracy, and a good set of scope rings can make sure that there is little to no misalignment issues after carrying your rifle into your hunting site of choice.
All in all, a good set of scope rings can ensure that your hunting trip goes off with a bang.
Best Scope Rings For The Money
Here are the top 10 items in the scope ring category on Amazon:
- Robust 6-screw Tactical Ring is perfect for mounting red-dot optics, magnifiers, and other accessories with 30mm tube diameters to your Picatinny rail.
- When using this ring to mount a conventional riflescope, we strongly recommend lapping the rings for a proper and secure fit for your optic.
- Sold two rings per package.
- Fits a 1-inch rifle scope
- High Profile
- T6061 aluminum alloy
- Rigorously field tested for performance
- Suggested Torque Specs: Cap Screw: 18 inch pound ,Clamp Screw: 30 inch pound ,DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN.
- In the tactical world, performance is mandatorythere is no compromise
- Whether it's intense training or reallife action, you need your zero to stay true
- These aircraft-grade aluminum tactical rings feature six points of contact for maximum security and
- If you demand the most from your tactical scope, demand Weaver
- Specifications: - Tube Diameter: 1" - Height: Medium - Material: Aluminum - Finish: Matte Black
- Made in the USA
- Withstands all magnum calibers
- Rigid construction ensures zero will be held through thousands of rounds
- Quick attaching and detaching structure, equiped with QD cam lock, detach the mount from weapon in seconds.
- Fits all picatinny and weaver rails, a must have accessory for rifle, pistol, tactical LED light, guarantee high closely target shooting.
- Mounting flashlight in 1 inch (25mm) diameter tube, come with an allen key to mount your led light conveniently.
- Precision machining from high quality aluminum with black anodized matte finish, offer durable performance in the field.
- Ring Diameter: 25mm (1 inch); Weight: 2 oz; Length: 3 inch
- High strength aircraft aluminum alloy with Anodized Black Matte Finish.
- The solid hollow structure design utility model has simple and compact whole structure which conforms to principle of mechanics, solidly.
- Attach tactical lights or laser scope sights,and other different accessories.
- Lightweight, mounts light or laser scope sight, securely
- Package Included: 1x NcDe Tactical Barrel Mount, 1x Hex wrench
- M-LOK Picatinny Accessory rail, mounts onto M-LOK Spec.
- Mounts with two screws and M-LOK compatible T-Nuts.
- Rounded profile rail ends for a more comfortable hold when used as a hand stop. Perfect for mounting Accessories with Weaver/ Picatinny mounts like flashlights and lasers to your M-LOK handguards.
- Black Anodized Aluminum Construction
- 3PCS COMBO - TWO 3SLOT AND ONE 7SLOT
- Made of the highest quality materials
- Hunting scopes rings
- Another quality Bushnell product
- Accommodates 1-inch scopes, mounts on firearms with 3/8-inch dovetail receiver
- See-through design allows use of firearms with open sights or scope
- Made using the highest quality materials
- Tested for complete quality and reliability
- Two quick Detach levers
Scope Ring Video
Here is a YouTube video explaining how to determine the proper scope ring height: