The Top Tactical Knives Reviewed
What Is a Tactical Knife?
A tactical knife is very different compared to a regular knife. The differences, while subtle, can lead to dramatic performance variations. Below, we will be going over some of the differences that you may notice when you are comparing tactical knives to other types.
Features of Tactical Knives
- Design – One of the biggest differences that you will notice in a tactical knife is the design choices. This not only goes for the aesthetics of the knife but also the material selection. When it comes to the design of a tactical knife, it utilizes the most durable materials that you can find in a knife. Along with this, it has certain features that will allow it to perform the best in survival and life or death scenarios. Thus, it has the design choices that make it an incredible option for those that are looking for a knife that can simply do more.
- Ergonomics – Another area that you will notice differences with tactical knives is in its ergonomics. Ergonomics is one of the most critical aspects of a tactical knife because it is designed to be used in scenarios that optimal performance is a must. Thus, it is designed to not only feel comfortable in your hand but also easy to use while under duress or stress. Because of this, you will notice that tactical knives are some of the most ergonomic choices that you will find on the market in comparison with other knives that are not necessarily designed with the same ergonomics in mind.
- Size – Another major difference that you will likely notice is in its size. You will notice that there are major differences in tactical knife sizes because they are purpose driven. Because of this, the size is going to be much more reflective of what the knife was intended for and designed for. As a result, you will find tactical knives to be designed perfectly in terms of size to fit a particular need or task.
- Handle – Another area that you will likely notice that stands out with tactical knives is with its handle. Handles can be made from a variety of different materials. However, with a tactical knife, you want a handle that is not only easy to grip but one that is waterproof and that won’t shrink or crack. Thus, you will find that tactical knives have some of the best material selection for handles.
Overall, there are major differences that you will find with a tactical knife than with a regular knife, or with a tactical tomahawk. A tactical knife is going to be specifically designed to help with a certain task. Thus, the design will be centered around optimizing that specific task. This will result in a better designed and better-performing knife. A tactical knife will be made up of the most durable and best materials to maximize performance. Ultimately, a tactical knife is the only option for those that are looking for versatility, durability, and quality in a knife.
Best Tactical Knives For The Money
- DIMENSIONS: 7.1 inch (18 cm) overall length with a blade length of 3.1 inches (7.9 cm) and a weight of 3.5 ounces
- DURABLE: Blade is made of reliable 7Cr17MoV Black Oxide S.S. with a black aluminum handle
- DEPENDABLE: Quick and easy access with pocket clip, index flipper and ambidextrous thumb knobs
- SECURE: Have confidence that the blade will not slip with the security of the liner lock
- BE PREPARED: Knife features jimping and a serrated blade
- Nice and well balanced knife
- karambit folding knife
- Simple, sturdy, efficient and easy to use, this essential tool remains unchanged since 1890 but is unmatched in its design. Raw material and colors may vary from one collection to another, but its style remains deeply steeped in history and tradition. This timeless knife is for people who enjoy the outdoors, and is a must-have tool for professional or amateur handymen. It is used everywhere from the garden to the table, a knife that is given as a gift and passed down to loved ones.
- Opinel's carbon steel is extremely hard, thereby guaranteeing excellent cutting quality, good wear resistance and easy regrinding. Carbon can corrode easily. It is advised that you avoid damp locations and wipe and grease the blade after use. Each blade is stamped with the "Crowned Hand" mark. In 1909, Joseph Opinel chose the Crowned Hand emblem for his knives as a symbol to represent the origin and quality of Opinel knives.
- Beech is the most commonly used wood for the manufacture of Opinel handles. Beech is hard, durable and easy to work with. With a homogeneous appearance, its light color varies from yellow to pink. It is characterized by the presence of numerous small, dark dashes. To prevent a negative impact on the environment (pollution from transport, deforestation ...), 95% of the wood for handles comes from sustainably managed French forests.
- Invented by Marcel Opinel in 1955, the Virobloc safety ring is fitted to all folding knives as of the No 06. Cut out of stainless steel, the Virobloc has two sections, one fixed and one sliding. In addition to locking the blade open (safety in use), it is now possible to lock the blade closed (safety in transport)
- Opinel products are guaranteed under normal use and exchanged in case of manufacturing defects. Damage due to normal wear and tear or improper use are not covered by the warranty.
- Easy Portable: Ideal everyday personal carry tool.Reversible clip are convenient both for left and right handed person.
- Exquisite Workmanship: Blackwash process enhanced the anti-corrosion property of the blade.Doubled edge sharpening working time, which make the edge really sharp like a razer.
- Heavy Duty Material: Blade was built with high performance German Stainless Steel 8Cr13Mov, can be harden to 58-60 Hrc Hardness.Knife handle inner frame was built with 1.5mm thickness stainless steel, make the knife more stronger.
- Premium Design: Ergonomics aluminum handle design with the anti-slip finish treatment enable user to grip the knife tightly and easily. Premium stainless steel gear is sharp and corrosion resistant, suitable for oudoor use.
- Wdely Used: Multifunction folding gear works effectively with a variety of materials: food, textiles, sticks, etc. It will be an excellent support tools for fishermen, campers, servicemen, etc.
- Blade Length: 3 1/4 inches; Closed Length: 4 1/2 inches; Overall Length 7 3/4 inches; Weight 5oz
- Plain - no logo
- Blade: 440 Stainless Steel
- Handle: Black and Orange aluminum with rubber EMT logo
- Speedsafe Thumb Stud Assisted opening with Pocket Clip
- Stainless Steel, Double Edged Blade
- Set of 12 Whetstone Cutlery S-Force(Special Forces) Kunai Knives
- Nylon Carrying Case with Velcro Closures and Belt Loop - Holds All 12 Knives, Case Dimensions: 4.75 x 8.125 x 1.5 inches
- Knife Dimensions: 6.5 x .375 x 1 inches, Blade Length: 3.125 inches
- Full Tang, Cord Wrapped Handle
Tactical Knife Video
Here is a video discussing various tactical knives:
Last Updated on