The Top 6 Tactical Knives Reviewed
A tactical knife is very different compared to a regular knife. The differences, while subtle, can lead to dramatic performance variations. Below, we will be going over some of the differences that you may notice when you are comparing tactical knives to other types.
Features of Tactical Knives
- Design – One of the biggest differences that you will notice in a tactical knife is the design choices. This not only goes for the aesthetics of the knife but also the material selection. When it comes to the design of a tactical knife, it utilizes the most durable materials that you can find in a knife. Along with this, it has certain features that will allow it to perform the best in survival and life or death scenarios. Thus, it has the design choices that make it an incredible option for those that are looking for a knife that can simply do more.
- Ergonomics – Another area that you will notice differences with tactical knives is in its ergonomics. Ergonomics is one of the most critical aspects of a tactical knife because it is designed to be used in scenarios that optimal performance is a must. Thus, it is designed to not only feel comfortable in your hand but also easy to use while under duress or stress. Because of this, you will notice that tactical knives are some of the most ergonomic choices that you will find on the market in comparison with other knives that are not necessarily designed with the same ergonomics in mind.
- Size – Another major difference that you will likely notice is in its size. You will notice that there are major differences in tactical knife sizes because they are purpose driven. Because of this, the size is going to be much more reflective of what the knife was intended for and designed for. As a result, you will find tactical knives to be designed perfectly in terms of size to fit a particular need or task.
- Handle – Another area that you will likely notice that stands out with tactical knives is with its handle. Handles can be made from a variety of different materials. However, with a tactical knife, you want a handle that is not only easy to grip but one that is waterproof and that won’t shrink or crack. Thus, you will find that tactical knives have some of the best material selection for handles.
Overall, there are major differences that you will find with a tactical knife than with a regular knife, or with a tactical tomahawk. A tactical knife is going to be specifically designed to help with a certain task. Thus, the design will be centered around optimizing that specific task. This will result in a better designed and better-performing knife. A tactical knife will be made up of the most durable and best materials to maximize performance. Ultimately, a tactical knife is the only option for those that are looking for versatility, durability, and quality in a knife.
We put together a list of 3 great options for each folding and fixed blade tactical knives. Take a look:
The Best Fixed Blade Tactical Knives
- Built for combat and survival applications, the Strong-arm features a fine edge, full tang 420HC steel blade
- Ceramic blade coating & rubberized diamond-texture grip
- A striking pommel at the base of the handle breaks through hard surfaces, effective in rescue operations and everyday situations alike
- Modular strap-together sheath system can be mounted vertically on MOLLE, horizontally on a belt, or in drop-leg fashion
- Handle material is glass-filled nylon with rubber overmold
2. CRKT SIWI
- Compact Fixed Blade
- SK5 Carbon Steel Blade
- Black Powder Coat Blade Finish
- Designed by Darrin William Sirois in Fayetteville, North Carolina
- Limited Lifetime Warranty covers any defects in materials or workmanship, see company site for details
- Compact, skeletal 420HC steel frame.
- Black ceramic coating for minimal reflection + corrosion.
- Diamond texture rubber handle for superior grip.
- Modular sheath system for concealed or open carry.
- Always on hand. Always ready. Never unprepared.
The Best Folding Tactical Knives
- RAZOR SHARP, CORROSION RESISTANT - 3 1/2 " Modified Tanto Blade with Zirblast Finish holds up to piercing, scraping, and prying tough materials. The 154CM Steel provides excellent edge retention, corrosion resistance and is ideal for heavy
- STURDY, VERSATILE - The blade includes a notch for bending wire, and a thumb stud for smooth one hand opening. A hex tool is incorporated into the handle for added versatility. 5 1/4" Closed Length, 7.0 oz; Carry Weight 9.3 oz
- SAFE NON-SLIP HANDLE - Destruction proof textured G-10 Handle with finger groove provides a sure grip. The compact size with reversible, tip-up carry clip makes it easy to carry
- RUGGED, RELIABLE - Features glass breaker for tempered glass, seat belt cutter, Hex bit compatible handle cut-out, and M.O.L.L.E. Compatible Heavy-Duty Sheath
- MADE IN THE USA - FOREVER WARRANTY - Since 1902 Buck Knives has offered a lifetime warranty on our knives because we believe in the integrity of our products. This knife is proudly made in the USA
- BEST EMERGENCY TOOL: Premium 5-in-1 pocket-size stainless steel survival knife with nylon pouch. Functional components include: Drop-point blade with serrated saw, bright LED flashlight, magnesium alloy fire starter, blade lock, window breaker, seatbelt cutter and pocket clip.
- ALWAYS BE READY: BlizeTec multi-purpose lock blade knife is perfect for all occasions; you can use it for camping, hiking, hunting and any outdoor activity. A MUST HAVE item for emergency preparedness; great gift for outdoor adventurers, military personnel, campers, hikers, hunters or even constant travelers.
- POCKET SIZE & LIGHT WEIGHT: The knife is designed to fit perfectly into your palm. Weighs only 5.46oz, allowing you to avoid the hassle of carrying a big knife, while enjoying all the benefits of what a big knife can offer, and more. The knife can be carried with the belt clip or with the nylon pouch. This ultimate multi-emergency tool kit is produced with "ease of use" in mind.
- EASY TO KEEP: BlizeTec emergency knife is easy to carry and easy to keep. The entire knife including handle is 8.5 inches long when open and it contains a mini LED light, seatbelt cutter, window breaker, magnesium fire starter and a pocket clip, Flexible carry options with the included nylon pouch, belt clip or just put it in your pocket. The blade is 3.5 inches long, and the whole unit is only 5 inches when closed.
- QUALITY ASSURANCE: This sleek design survival knife is the BlizeTec limited edition series and backed by a lifetime warranty. (** NOTE** Beware of counterfeit **: BlizeTec is TRADEMARKED and the ORIGINAL CARRIER of the 5-in-1 silver limited edition survival knife. Always check sold by SELLER name under BlizeTec. So quality & warranty can be assured!)
- The BC tactical knife with all steel construction for durability.
- Ergonomically designed anti-skid knife handle gives you a secure grip.
- Ball bearing pivot system makes it easy to deploy the tanto tip blade.
- Frame lock for easy one-hand closing, with flipper deployment can open fast.
- Stainless steel pocket knife clip allows to easily carry.
Tactical Knife Video
Here is a video discussing various tactical knives:
Last Updated on