Best Tree Stands
Tree stands are a very common occurrence in the hunting world, and for good reason! With certain types of game it can be very difficult to get a good shot on the ground, not to mention the issues of scent as well as the simple but important topic of suffering. A good clean shot means the animal suffers less and the meat will be in better shape for the hunter (and his family, or the charity he donates to) to eat. While many people use the term tree stand and tripod interchangeably, they are two different things and should be treated as such. Read on to learn more about tree stands and what they have to offer hunters of all experience levels out in the field.
What Is A Tree Stand?
A tree stand is a flat platform that is attached to a tree, sometimes including a seat, where hunters can setup while hunting to spot prey from above. Sitting up here can last for hours as they wait for the in-season prey to appear, but then hopefully have the clear shot needed.
Tree stands are often built on private property, and in some places they are also referred to by the name of the most common hunting season they’re used for. For example, in many parts of the Midwest these won’t be referred to as tree stands but will be called deer stands. However, they are the same thing.
Features Of A Good Tree Stand
When it comes to figuring out what is a tree stand, you’ll find that these platforms are pretty easy to figure out, but to build one from scratch you will want someone with some degree of handyman experience. These platforms are not only attached to trees, but they can be completely open, partially open, or in some rare cases even closed in when protection from the weather is more paramount than a clear line of sight.
The best overall setup will depend on the tree, your budget, your location, and the average weather during the hunting season. There is a lot to bear in mind when building or using one of these, but there’s no doubt it is a major part of the hunting process.
The question “What is a tree stand?” might be common if you’re new to hunting, but it won’t take long for you to get with the program. These are extremely common for deer and other big game and the more you use them, the more you will become comfortable with the setup and understand why it is such a good setup for hunting. While most common with deer sometimes they are used for other larger game.
Do a little bit of research, take some advice from experienced hunters, and even experience some time in their tree stands during season and you’ll quickly understand why these are such an important part of the recreational sport of hunting.
Best Hunting Tree Stands For The Money
- Closed-front aluminum climbing stand
- Suspended foam-padded seat with backrest in Mossy Oak Break-Up Infinity camo
- Weighs 20 lbs. and holds up to 300 lbs. Green Utility Strap
- 18" W x 12" D seat size, 20" W x 26.5" D platform size
- Includes Full-Body Fall Arrest Harness System and all necessary hardware. Versatility, comfort and functionality while being lightweight
- INCREDIBLY LIGHTWEIGHT
- COMPACT DESIGN
- HUNT COMFORTABLY ALL DAY LONG
- Summit Treestands
- Summit Treestands
- GUIDE GEAR
- Fits: all ladder stands
- Includes: (1) Wing-Bolt, (1) 8mm x 1-5/8″ Bolt & Wing Nut, Tie-Off Rope, and Adjustable Support Bar(s)
- Adjustable support bar
- Dual functioning TRI layer compression foam seat pad for all day comfort. Includes indestructible heat treated steel fast strap buttons
- Includes 2 oversized polyester belts with XL Cam buckle, in-cast bow holder and accessory hooks, a leveling seat and platform
- XOP green finish, new patented I-beam technology
- Ultimate offset capability for those crooked trees and includes a TMA approved 6 point fall arrest system
- Includes all necessary pads, hardware, ropes and straps
- Constructed of aluminum
- Weight limit: 350lbs
- Offers a comfortable vantage point with a bit more room and capacity for bigger hunters
- Equipped with adjustable-height, reversible surround seat that allows you to sit facing the tree
- GUIDE GEAR
- Millennium Treestands
Tree Stand Video
Here is a video demonstrating a Tree Stand: